Mobility First! Special Open Call for Young Artists, Women, Minority Groups
In Partnership with the Prince Claus Fund
- young artists
- minority groups
The mobility call was specifically aimed for artists and cultural professionals from the following Asian countries, who were looking to strengthen their cultural practice through connecting with their counterparts in both Asia and Europe:
Eligible travel routes that were supported include travel within Asia and between the above listed Asian countries and Europe.
Through this joint collaboration, the ASEF-Prince Claus Mobility call for Women and Minority Groups contributes to the pursuit of the following Sustainable Development Goals, particularly:
SDG #10: Reduce inequality within and among countries
- by facilitating the mobility of artists and cultural professionals (target 10.7)
- by implementing the principle of differential treatment for developing countries, thereby contributing to achieving a balanced flow of cultural works (target 10.a)
SDG #4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education, and promote lifelong learning for all
- by increasing the number of both youths and adults who participate in activities to acquire skills needed for employment in the cultural and creative industries (target 4.4)
SDG #5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women
- by integrating gender equality as part of the selection criteria for the grant (target 5.c)
- by increasing the participation of women at leadership programmes in the cultural sector and thereby contributing to equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision making in political, economic and public life (target 5.5)
The mobility call was open and accepted applications from 28 February 2019 until 30 September 2019.
How to apply?
This special call was administered by the Prince Claus Fund. The application form and other guidelines can be found here: https://princeclausfund.org/mobility-fund-1
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for queries.
About the Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF)
The Asia-Europe Foundation (ASEF) is an intergovernmental not-for-profit organisation located in Singapore. Founded in 1997, it is the only institution of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM). ASEF promotes understanding, trengthens relationships and facilitates cooperation among the people, institutions and organisations of Asia and Europe. ASEF enhances dialogue, enables exchanges and encourages collaboration across the thematic areas of culture, education, governance, sustainable development, economy and public health.
For more information, please visit the www.ASEF.org.
About the Prince Claus Fund
The Prince Claus Fund was established on 6 September 1996 as a tribute to HRH Prince Claus’s dedication to culture and development. Since then, the Fund has created opportunities for connection and exchange and stimulated cultural expression, primarily in Latin America, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Eastern Europe.
The Fund honours the outstanding achievement of visionaries at the front-line of culture and development with annual Prince Claus Awards; protects cultural heritage by providing ‘first aid’ to rescue heritage threatened by man-made or natural disasters; supports innovative, high-quality cultural initiatives through grants and mentoring, especially where opportunities are limited, whether by poverty, conflict, marginalisation or political repression; works for and with youth through our Next Generation programme and create networks of exchange.
Read more here: https://princeclausfund.org/